Pokémon Sword and Shield’s first 2020 expansion “The Isle of Armor”officially launches next week on June 17th.
After releasing last year, Pokémon Sword/Shield is now set to receive its first expansions. The first expansion titled “The Isle of Armor”, will be officially available on June 17th. The company also announced that the second expansion, called The Crown Tundra, would release in fall 2020. The two expansions will add new characters, pokémon, and areas to explore.
Pokémon Sword and Shield’s first expansion will take place in a new area in the Galar region. It expands on the game’s story and adds a new gym for players to battle. It also adds the new Galarian forms of Pokémon. As one might expect, the expansion adds new Pokémon to the Pokedex. The trailer shows off some popular Pokémon, including Exeggutor, Tauros, Poliwag, and some others. There will also be new Legendary Pokémon to track down, which is one of the most exciting aspects of any Pokémon game. You can check out the full expansion details below:
The Isle of Armor
- The Isle of Armor will introduce new features and items, including an Exp. Charm and new tutor moves, such as Burning Jealousy and Grassy Glide. You can teach these moves to your Pokemon by using Armorite Ores. According to the official Pokemon website, you can collect these ores “through Max Raid Battles and other means.”
- The dojo on the Isle of Armor will have a device called the “Cram-o-matic,” which you can use to “recycle” items and create new ones. Specifically, when you feed the machine four items, you’ll receive a new item in exchange. These items may include Poke Balls, PP Ups, and more.
- Urshifu, the evolved form of Kubfu, will have a Gigantamax form. The Gigantamax version of Single Strike Style Urshifu will be able to use the move G-Max One Blow, while the Gigantamax version of Rapid Strike Style Urshifu will know the move G-Max Rapid Flow.
- As you collect “rare ingredients” on the Isle of Armor, you can use them to make “Max Soup.”
- Restricted Sparring will be introduced in The Isle of Armor.
- New and familiar Pokemon will appear in The Isle of Armor, which weren’t featured in the base game of Sword and/or Shield. These include pocket monsters like Chansey, Azurill, and Kingdra, among others.
The Crown Tundra
- Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, and Galarian Moltres will appear in The Crown Tundra expansion. These Pokemon look different from their “normal” versions, but they will still have the same “Type.” That is, Galarian Articuno is an Ice-type, Galarian Zapdos is an Electric-type, and Galarian Moltres is a Fire-type.
- Once you reach a certain point in The Crown Tundra’s storyline, you’ll be able to enter the Galarian Star Tournament, which is held in Wyndon. This tournament will allow you to team up with another character and participate in the competition as a pair.
- Similar to The Isle of Armor, The Crown Tundra will also introduce players to new and familiar Pokemon that weren’t available in the main game of Sword and/or Shield. Some of these Pokemon include Crobat, Elekid, Beldum, and Sealeo (though this isn’t the full list).
You can now pre-order the expansion pass, which includes both DLC, for $30. When the Expansion Pass launches, only The Isle of Armor will be available. As mentioned earlier, Nintendo plans to release The Crown Tundra, in fall 2020.
You may find interesting: WoW Shadowlands livestream pushed back