The Free Fire World Series 2019 comes to an end today with the host team Corinthians Esports crowned champions. They went through eight powerful levels at Barra Olympic Park in Rio de Janeiro. The Brazilian team was able to nose out a top of 110 scores to acquire the worldwide championship.
It was a tough task for Corinthians even when they gained support from the home audience. They encounter strong competition from the ultimate runners-up from Russia, Sbornaya CHR. The Russian team become dominant during the final stage of the competition. However, a miracle happened when Corinthians solidified their winning. The team received a prize of $200,000 for winning the championship. On the other hand, Corinthians’ Bruno “Nobru” Goes gained the title of MVP of the competition. He received $22,000 for his achievement. Sbnornaya CHR will receive $80,000 while the team that came in third which is Illuminate will receive $40,000.
After Corinthian’s victory, these are the final rankings for the Free Fire 2019 World Series:
- Corinthians (Brazil) – 2300 points
- Sbornaya CHR (EU/Russia) – 2190 points
- Illuminate (Thailand) – 2020 points
- LGDS (TW/MY) – 1695 points
- Infinity Esports Mobile (Latam North) – 1580 points
- Team Flash (Vietnam) – 1455 points
- Arctic Gaming (North America) – 1200 points
- Dranix Esports (Indonesia) – 805 points
- Loud (Brazil) – 790 points
- Infinity YT (MENA) – 765 points
- Nawabzade (India) – 630 points
- Samurai Team (Latam South) – 490 points
According to Esports Charts, while Corinthians took the championship, the Free Fire World Series 2019 breaks the viewership records. As the competition gained up to two million audience and averaged 630,931 audience during its first five hours of streaming. Around 90 percent of the audience came from Spain, Vietnam, Indonesia and Portugal.
You may find interesting: Godsent finally returns to CS:GO